Here are 10 ways to get you started! The time is now, be your best!
You only have today to live. Do you intend to just sit and stew, or to make some powerful changes in your life? When you intend, you have to commit. It won’t happen unless you put out the energy. Here’s an opportunity to create your Independence (day)!
1) Break Away from the Crowd -- Don’t let other people determine your values or patterns. Many times, the expectations people put on us are unrealistic. Want to have confidence? Then stop trying to be a “super person.” Understand your limits and that you can’t keep all people
happy. Statistics show that 10% of people will never like you. Stop trying to be perfect and celebrate who you are! When someone is independent, they don’t allow other people to alter their day or their mood. Be your own person.
2) Roll With The Criticism -- There will ALWAYS be someone who will criticize you and give you a piece of their mind. Roll with it, and try not to let it bother you. Criticism is hard to take and can hurt a person’s self-image. Don’t allow others to judge you. When it happens, tell yourself something positive about you. Don’t stand by and just take it. Have your own attitude and don’t be defeated by criticism.
3) Be Crazy -- Think of something you’ve wanted to do but thought “maybe that’s not a good thing.” Well, you live only once -- be crazy and do it. It will keep your life interesting. Doing something crazy means different things to different people. For some, it may be bungee jumping or taking a ride in a hot air balloon. Other people may think spending $1000.00 dollars on the Home Shopping Network is nuts. Don’t get into a rut. Keep things “zippity-do-dah” and try something out of the ordinary. Not stupid stuff, but stuff within reason. “Sometimes, you have to say no to others (and yes to you), so that you don’t end up bitter and resentful.”
4) Stand With An Opinion -- We all have opinions. You are entitled to yours. This does not mean you should shout it out loud. Inner wisdom keeps you aware of when to share those opinions, and when to keep them quiet. Don’t live in the shadow of other people. It’s not healthy. Be yourself and stand firm!
5) Don’t Pretend -- It takes “people pleasers” time to understand that we can’t be what others want us to be! In fact, it’s exhausting. Many people pretend. Many put on a “happy face” and project to the world that EVERYTHING is great! In reality, they’re miserable. They follow all the
“should” statements -- “You should do this! You should do that!” Nope, let go of that. To establish your independence (day), be yourself!
Just 1 Page . . .