It’s often hard to manage grief in healthy ways. Here are 10 signs that you are on the right track.
· You are using a resiliency that you weren’t aware of. You are equipped not only to endure loss but to move forward with your life.
· You are using your own unique ways to heal grief. You aren’t following the script of other people.
· You can talk about the loss. Talking about your loss and feelings is healthy and therapeutic.
· You are stabilizing yourself on an emotional, mental and physical level. The powerful emotions that you initially felt, are easing up. It’s less of a “roller coaster” ride.
· You are eating and sleeping better. When you work on grief, you let go of tension. This allows you to eat and sleep better.
· You are enjoying the company of others.
· You are comfortable when people don’t know what to say.
· You realize that the “goal” is not to get over the loss but to heal it to the best of your ability.
· You are reaching out to help others. This act indicates that you aren’t completely self-absorbed and have energy to help others.
· You find reasons to be optimistic and look forward to the future.
Just 1 Page . . .